Thursday, July 17, 2014

Suikazura No Retsu #6 Summerheat


SUMMERHEAT

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's summer here in The Netherlands the temperature is rising to tropical hights around 30 degrees Celsius, the earth is starting to dry out and I have to water the garden almost everyday.
The flowers starting to decay in a fast way. It's so sad to see the decay, but ... decay is needed to bring new life. Can we look at that according to humans? I don't know. In my opinion, our bodies are just a shell, so I think that we can say that also about humans. As we die our soul is leaving our body to resurrect into another body. Yes I believe in reincarnation, but why does a soul reincarnate?
In my opinion we all have a goal in our life, maybe a kind of lesson we have to learn. That goal we have to fullfill and maybe we cannot reach that goal in just one life. So we have to prolong our goal by reincarnation. Maybe I am in my hundreds life, I don't know.
As I was a little boy I thought that I once was Alexander the Great and as I became older and wiser and discovered haiku I started to believe that I once was a haiku-poet. Haiku crossed my path and I never had heard of it, but I was immediately in love with this little poem. Maybe I am the reincarnation of a (great) haiku-poet, but where do I got that idea from? I don't know ... it will be the summer heat and maybe I have a heatstroke.
Haiku is really my passion as you all know. Several years ago I wrote a haiku, in my opinion not a masterpiece, but a lot of my readers said that it was as if it was written by Basho. A bigger compliment my readers couldn't give me.
Back to the summerheat we are in the middle of here in The Netherlands. I love summer, but I am not a fan of this heat, not in our country. If I was in Spain for example than I could stand the heat. Here in The Netherlands this kind of heat is moist and is always followed by thunderstorms and heavy rains ... they are so refreshing.

decaying flowers
the heat is unbearable
still no rain to come

© Chèvrefeuille


sunflowers reach
for the sun to expand his light
during the night

© Chèvrefeuille

See you next time

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment